July 29, 2010

HotLips Houlihan

Boy did my father love watching M*A*S*H on television when we were growing up. He loved to laugh, and he definitely loved to joke. Most of the M*A*S*H humor was playing jokes on people - right up his alley.
He and his brother, my Uncle Billy, were absolutely riotous together! Laughing so hard - to the point of tears or trying not to pee your pants if you were in on the conversation. And a lot of that was laughing at people or joking on their mother - it really all seemed in fun - but maybe in that iffy M*A*S*H or 'Seinfeld' way.
If there was any heaviness, I was oblivious. I just picked up on the hilarity - and it sure was a party of fun at my Uncle's.
I don't believe they have talked in years. It might be sad in the near future for unfinished family business or harsh things said in the past.